Parents & Homeschoolers
Parents can play a very important role in facilitating a school’s participation in OneWorld Classrooms programs!
Many teachers recognize the educational value of interacting with overseas partners, but feel they do not have time to coordinate interaction. As a parent, you can make the difference by playing a facilitating role in the following ways:
- Aiding in the classroom to complete exchange-related art projects
- Holding after-school meetings with students to complete exchange materials
- Communicating via email with a coordinator at your school’s overseas partner school
- Compiling and packaging exchange content
- Helping to put together PowerPoint or Photostory presentations
- Videotaping a video exchange with your schoolâ€™s overseas partner school
- Purchasing and distributing art materials
- Mailing exchange materials
Please coordinate with teachers before registering. If you would like to facilitate a OneWorld Classrooms exchange in conjunction with teachers:
- Meet with teachers in advance to discuss how participation will enhance their curriculum and how parents might best facilitate an exchange.
- Determine clearly in advance exactly which tasks teachers will need assistance with. Decide which tasks teachers will complete and which tasks parents will complete.
- Involve other parents! Assign a coordinator and distribute tasks.
- Follow OneWorld Classrooms’ participation guidelines to ensure success.
Parents can also contribute or organize a fundraiser to benefit our overseas partner schools. For more information, see Make a Difference!
For Homeschooling Parents
More information coming soon!Â In the meantime, please contact us directly if you would like to participate in one of our programs.