Global Education Resources
Follow the links below to find archived OneWorld Classrooms Classroom Travel Resources and links to more Global Education resources.
OneWorld Classrooms Classroom Travel Resources
- EDSTEP’S Global Competence Matrix
- Ed.gov’s Teacher’s Guide to International Collaboration on the Internet
- Oxfam’s Education for Global Citizenship – Resources for teaching global citizenship.
Social Networking and Conferencing for Educators
- Skype in the Classroom
- Google for Educators
- Tapped in Educator Community – A place for educators of the world to communicate with each other.
- MS NetMeeting
World Geography and Cultures
- Google Earth – Travel and explore the world region you are studying — and visit the town/city of the students you are interacting with!
- Google Earth for Educators Community
- Google Maps – Explore the world using interactive maps!
- WorldAtlas.com – Maps and information about all regions of the world.
- Maps that Teach – Mouseover maps that show countries/states/provinces.
- UNESCO Culture – World culture resources
- Google Translate – Translate to/from 60+ world languages.
- TravLang World Languages – Translate to the languages of the world.
Useful Reference Sites
- World Wide Metric – Conversion Tables
- Metric and U.S. Equivalents
- Create a Graph
- The Universal Currency Converter
- The World Clock – Time Zones
- World Postal Codes